The Megatower is USM's large-scale version of the Hightower, designed to withstand high working torque loads. This model is recommended for systems with Z-Pole lengths up to 14', bearing loads up to 200lbs.
Just like the Compact, Hightower, and XL, the Megatower uses a vertical lead-screw mechanism called the Shear Block Tower to engage and disengage the Z-Pole, also serving as a breakaway safety feature in the event of a collision.
SHEAR BLOCK TOWER
- Calibrated breakaway design is industry-tested, preserving assets and keeping crew members safe
- Safe and audible release of sonar apparatus during collision or snag with submerged hazard
- Vertical lead screw engagement helps make raising & lowering the sonar easy
- Repeatable & servicable, with no need to recalibrate
- Keeps equipment inboard for safe transit and storage
- Repeatable with no need to recalibrate
- Allows for easie of service from the deck
- Integrated hardware storage to prevent loss
- One-man operation
EXPEDITIONSHOP EXPEDITION KITS
FLANGESSHOP SONAR FLANGES
ACCESSORIESSHOP OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT