The Bow-Stern Mount is USM's specialty mount, sharing the same platform as the COMPACT. Similarly, this model is recommended for systems with Z-Pole lengths up to 7', bearing loads up to 45lbs.
Just like the Compact, Megatower, and XL, the Bow-Stern uses a vertical lead-screw mechanism called the Shear Block Tower to engage and disengage the Z-Pole, also serving as a breakaway safety feature in the event of a collision.
SHEAR BLOCK TOWER
- Calibrated breakaway design is industry-tested, preserving assets and keeping crew members safe
- Safe and audible release of sonar apparatus during collision or snag with submerged hazard
- Vertical lead screw engagement helps make raising & lowering the sonar easy
- Repeatable & servicable, with no need to recalibrate
GEAR DRIVE OPTION
- Substitues for a Davit Crane in most cases
- 1400:1 gear reduction; lifts the heaviest sonar equipment
- Actuates with an everyday hand drill
- Configurable to accomodate mount placment
- One man operation